Nothing is better than a good bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup and a hot, crispy (and fluffy) Rhodes roll when the weather starts to cool down a bit.
Our family has been fighting a nasty little cold that we’ve been passing around for a couple months now, so I’ve actually made a GIANT pot of this Chicken Noodle Soup twice in the last month! Yep, it’s that good. The kids ask for this soup constantly, we just finished our last batch a couple days ago and I’m already getting requests for more! Luckily, this soup is pretty easy to throw together.
We have been pretty vocal around here about how much we LOVE Rhodes rolls. But they have really knocked it out of the park with these new Warm N Serv rolls that #CompleteTheMeal. Pull these out of the freezer and throw them onto a baking sheet.
In 12 minutes, they are nice and hot, crispy outside and fluffy inside! The perfect delicious rolls.
Just check these beauties out! They are perfect for dipping into some delicious, hot and creamy Chicken Noodle Soup. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that our favorite soup is also very thick and creamy. That’s what makes it so yummy!
But don’t worry, there is still plenty of broth to scoop up with your roll!
Quick side note: One reason I love Chicken Noodle Soup is I can stick some veggies in there and the kids will just eat ’em right up without hesitation. The first time I bought ingredients for this recipe this season, my daughter saw me carrying the bag of celery up the stairs and she goes, “Oh mom, is that celery!” When I said yes she squealed and gave me a giant hug. Ha ha! Not exactly the response you would expect, but I was definitely pleased that I could get such a positive reaction over celery!
Oh man! All this talk and now I’m hungry again! Here’s how you get your creamy Chicken Noodle Soup on the table in 30 minutes!
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup butter
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 3 Tbs flour
- 1 packet Italian Seasoning dressing
- 6-8 cups water
- ¼ cup chicken bouillon (granulated)
- 16 oz wide egg noodles
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs parsley
- Rhodes rolls
- Add butter to a big soup pot and melt. Prep the carrots, celery, onion, garlic and toss them in. Let them simmer for 2-4 minutes and then add in your flour and mix well!
- Slowly add water, chicken bouillon, Italian seasoning and let simmerl While your broth is simmering cook noodles in a different pot and shred chicken. Noodles are better al dente so that they don't get too soggy in your soup!
- Add your Rhodes warm-n-serve rolls to a preheated oven (350) and set a timer for 12 minutes.
- Drain noodles and add them to the soup pot with your shredded chicken. Add half and half, lemon, and parsley, mix and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes. Soup should get thick and creamy and noodles will cook a little more! Mmmm.
- Pull your fresh, hot rolls out of the oven and serve with a big bowl of soup! Top soup with parmesan cheese, if desired!
For more of our favorite Rhodes recipes, keep on scrolling!