We’ve been doing a whole lot of bonding in the kitchen lately. Owen and Lanae love making treats and are great helpers. And lately they just seem to light up when I suggest making a treat.
Let’s just say it hasn’t been good for my self control or my fitness goals.
I’ve been craving Crinkle Cookies for a while.
Then one Sunday a couple weeks ago I was in the mood for a treat and saw the treat jar with Rolos inside. I thought for sure I could come up with a cookie that could use Rolos.
And immediately those Crinkle Cookies came to mind. And the Rolo Stuffed Crinkle Cookies became a reality.
The kids were awesome helpers. They unwrapped all the Rolos. I was amazed at their self control. They didn’t eat a single one.
After I made the cookie dough in like 3 minutes, we just formed a little assembly line. I rolled the balls, Owen stuffed the Rolo in and Lanae rolled them in powdered sugar and placed them on the tray.
Super quick, easy and fun activity with the kids. Plus they were so excited to watch them bake and eat them!
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 24 rolos
- Combine all the ingredients except for the powder sugar and Rolos. I always start with butter and sugar. Cream it and then add the ingredients in order. Don't over mix. The dough should just barely come together.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- I always spray my hands so that the dough doesn't stick too much. Then grab a ball of dough. Place a Rolo in the middle and make sure the dough completely surrounds the Rolo.
- Roll the cookie dough in the powdered sugar until there is a thick layer and place on the cookie sheet. Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes. They'll be nice and crinkly when done.
- Place on a cooling rack and enjoy with milk!
You’ll definitely want to make these soon!
Craving more Chocolate goodies??