Can you say Peanut Butter Coconut Cookie Bars?? I know, its a mouthful! I have made these at least 8 times in the past two months! They are addicting!!
I am a huge fan of super easy desserts. Two months ago I was 36 weeks pregnant and craving a cookie at 8:30pm. I was also exhausted and didn’t want to get up.
That’s when I started browsing Pinterest for easy chocolate chip cookies. I came across this little recipe and decided to try it out! I whipped up the cookie dough in five minutes.
However I was much to lazy to make cookies and just threw it all into a 9×13 pan… Thus the cookie bars.
Five minutes after I put it in the oven I knew we were in for a special treat. The smell was heavenly.
Six minutes later I was pulling perfect coconut chocolate chip cookie bars out of the oven!
The sweet and salty-ness of these bars is to die for! I have seriously never had a cookie where the flavors complimented each other so well that it was addicting!
After making the recipe 5 times I decided to try a little variation. Adding peanut butter!! Welcome to the #peanutbutterbash!
I couldn’t have been more thrilled with the outcome. These are perfect paired with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Yes please!!
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In your mixing bowl, combine sugars, egg, vanilla extracts, peanut butter and coconut oil. Mix until well blended. Add salt, baking powder and flour.
- When well combined add in the oats, coconut and chocolate chips! Mix until combined, it may still be a little crumbly but that's okay because you will press it together in your pan.
- Press dough into a 9x13 pan. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until light golden brown and knife placed in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for a minute and serve with ice cream! You can drizzle melted chocolate on top as well!
This post is a part of the #peanutbutterbash! If you’re a Peanut Butter lover, too and are interested in joining the monthly Peanut Butter Bash… be sure to visit our facebook page.
It’s such a fun challenge each month to figure out a fun and unique way to combine peanut butter with a mystery ingredient… If you’ve missed any of the previous Peanut Butter Bash recipes, be sure the check them out.
Also, be sure to check out all the other delicious Peanut Butter and Coconut treats from the Peanut Butter Bash this month….