Our health challenge is going awesome! Thank heavens we are doing it during the summer because there are so many more options for affordable fruits and veggies.
We’ve been having a different kind of salad 4-5 nights each week. Good salads.
The other night we had this delicious salad and I just had to share. It was so delicious.
Colorful… flavorful… and easy to throw together…
The combination of honey and balsamic is seriously genius.
Then you go ahead and add tomatoes and peaches for a little sweet and bell peppers for a crunch. And let’s be real here, avocado is perfect in almost every salad.
This chicken is a flavorful protein that makes the salad a complete meal.
- Spice Rub
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 avocado
- 2 peaches
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- Combine the spices for the rub. Slice chicken into chicken strips and sprinkle with the rub.
- Heat a couple teaspoons of olive oil on low heat and place the coated chicken into the pan. Cook chicken for a couple minutes on both sides.
- While cooking, whisk sauce ingredients together. Pour over the chicken and cook until the sauce begins to thicken.
- While cooking, slice up your fruits and veggies and prepare the lettuce.
- Serve all together as a salad or make your own little salad bar and let the family build their own salads.
Check out some other salads…