The #PeanutButterBash makes it impossible for me to come up with a good title because there are always so many elements. I can never figure out how to get the title to accurately describe how delicious the recipe is! Good thing this is a problem that I’m perfectly capable of dealing with!
Today I’m sharing… Nutella Surprise Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting Kisses (because the frosting looks like a big giant Peanut Butter Kiss).
These are super easy to make and they make you look like a rockstar!
Last year I discovered a recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes. My all time favorite candy inside a cupcake? Sounds like a winner to me! It was.
Those cupcakes got me through some very hard times. When the #PeanutButterBash presented Nutella as our mystery ingredient this month my thoughts immediately went to cupcakes. No idea why!
So I revised the recipe and made a Nutella Cupcake with a Peanut Butter Frosting. Let me tell you! The combination of flavors is amazing.
The cupcake is light and fluffy! And pretty much perfect!!!
And once you get to the middle of the Nutella Cupcake… You’ll be greeted with a happy chocolate surprise! What goes better with Peanut Butter and Nutella than a Chocolate Kiss!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¾-1 cup Nutella
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 24-36 chocolate kisses unwrapped
- Peanut Butter frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs milk, if needed
- ¼ cup hazelnuts finely chopped
- ¼ cup chocolate bar grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 and fill your cupcake tins with liners. You can use mini or regular size cupcake tins!
- Combine all the ingredients for the cupcakes except for the kisses, beat for 30 seconds and scrape the edges of the mixer.
- Beat for another 2-3 minutes on high speed!
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake tins only filling it about halfway. Then place one kiss in each cupcake tin and press it down so that the batter fills up around it. You should just see the top of the kiss.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes for mini cupcakes and 18-20 minutes for regular sized cupcakes! The tops should spring back.
- For the frosting, mix the peanut butter and cream cheese until well combined. Add vanilla.
- Beat in one cup of powdered sugar at a time until it reaches the consistency that you would like. I wanted mine to be pretty thick so that the frosting would hold its shape.
- If you make it a little too thick, you can add a little milk (just a little goes a long way).
I’m also a big fan of this Peanut Butter and Nutella recipe:
This post is a part of the #peanutbutterbash! If you’re a Peanut Butter lover too and are interested in joining the monthly Peanut Butter Bash… be sure to visit our facebook page.
It’s such a fun challenge each month to figure out a fun and unique way to combine peanut butter with a mystery ingredient… If you’ve missed any of the previous Peanut Butter Bash recipes, be sure the check them out.
Also, be sure to check out all the other delicious Peanut Butter and Nutella treats from the Peanut Butter Bash this month….