Oh boy! I’m about to share a delicious and super easy cookie recipe that will make you super happy! Snowflake Meltaway Cookies. The best sugar cookie ever.
So last year for my birthday I had a friend bring me a delicious box of cookies. They looked perfect and when I tasted them I thought they must be from the bakery. They were divine. I asked my friend where she got them and she said she made them. I was blown away.
I had never had such a perfect sugar cookie. So I begged for the recipe. Luckily, she was super nice and shared it with me! You can find the original recipe here.
These cookies literally melt in your mouth. They are so soft and the creamy cheese frosting makes them super creamy.
We decorated them like snowflakes… seemed fitting for a cookie exchange, don’t ya think?
And there you go… Snowflake Meltaway Cookies!
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- for the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add cornstarch and flour. Make sure it is mixed well, but don't overmix.
- Roll into balls and drop onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake @ 350 for 10 minutes
- While baking, mix butter, cream cheese sugar and vanilla together well to make your cream cheese frosting.
- Let cookies cool and then frost and sprinkle with the sprinkles of your choice!
Some other treats you will love!!!