Oh man… I love wraps! I crave these tacos whenever I see yellow banana peppers. These Greek-Style Chicken Tacos are full of flavor and so delicious that its so hard to stop eating them. I have to set a limit for myself before I even sit down at the dinner table.
If I wasn’t so OCD I would probably have wraps 3 meals a day. True story. Yesterday, Scott made some delicious egg and veggie wraps for breakfast. Then he asked me if I wanted a Hot & Healthy Quinoa wrap for lunch… I quickly said yes! But then I remembered that we had wraps for breakfast so I changed my mind and we had PB&J instead. Scott was a little bit sad and slightly annoyed by my OCD. But he got over it!
Then we were brainstorming what to have for dinner. Red Enchiladas?? No they use tortillas. Fajitas? Oh yeah. No wraps. Tacos? That would be good… but no. Chicken Enchiladas??? Um. Hello! Everything I thought of included a tortilla wrap! What is wrong with me? I wish I could have wraps multiple times a day, but for some reason, I just need variety. I don’t like to eat the same type of thing twice in one day.
Unless its chocolate.
Or I could maybe eat these for lunch and dinner… they are that good!
Okay… Sorry for the long, somewhat irrelevant story! Back to Greek Tacos. The first time we had this was almost exactly a year ago. We had a date night to Greece from the comfort of our own home. Since we are too poor to actually travel, sometimes we’ll create a fun travel date and choose a place that we think would be fun to visit.
This was actually our first travel date night ever. We chose Athens, Greece. We looked at all kinds of pictures of Greece online, including beaches and the Acropolis. We listened to Greek music while we ate our delicious dinner of Greek Tacos and ended the night watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding!
Since that date night, we’ve incorporated Greek-Style Chicken Tacos into our menu every couple of months. They are delicious and the Greek Vinaigrette is so amazing that we like to use it as leftovers on a Greek-Style Chicken Salad!
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- Greek Vinaigrette
- Romaine lettuce
- Feta cheese
- Greek Tomato Salad
- Banana Peppers
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
- For the Greek Tomato Salad:
- Roma tomatoes diced
- small red onion chopped
- 1-2 tsp of basil
- black olives diced
- Greek Vinaigrette
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the Tzatziki:
- cucumber diced
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- green onion chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Make the Greek Vinaigrette, I usually double it so that we have enough for leftovers/salad throughout the week.
- Cut the chicken into strips and marinate the chicken in a little bit of vinaigrette for 20 minutes-2 hours.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the Greek Tomato Salsa and the Tzatziki as well as the other toppings you want to add on your tacos. For both the salsa and Tzatziki chop the veggies and toss together. Refrigerate while waiting so that they can absorb the flavor!
- Grill the chicken and pour a little bit of fresh vinaigrette over the top of the chicken. Immediately fill the tortillas with chicken and whatever toppings you would like!
- We will often serve this with rice to make the meal go a little further.
I’m telling you that I’m addicted to wraps… Here are a couple more options!!