This is the easiest caramel sauce recipe that I’ve ever come across. And it’s perfect for just about everything… dipping apples, smothering over ice cream, brownies, cakes, and even eating straight off the spoon. I would do it! In fact, I have!
I was making my most favorite dessert in the whole entire world one day. This dessert required a caramel sauce, however when I went to grab the ingredients for the caramel sauce, I realized we didn’t have everything we needed. I was only about 15 and we lived about a half hour from the store at the time, so I asked my mom if there were any substitutes we could make.
After a little research and creativity we came up with the perfect caramel recipe that has now become my go-to caramel for my most favorite dessert in the whole entire world!!
Every once in a while, if I am on my best behavior, I like to have a few apple slices with some of this caramel. This would be the absolute perfect dip for a Fall party!
3 Ingredient Caramel Sauce or Dip
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1. Melt the butter in a sauce pan on the stove. Stirring frequently.
2. Add the sweetened condensed milk and stir in the brown sugar. Get rid of any lumps.
3. Stirring constantly, bring the sauce to a boil and let boil for about 5-8 minutes on low heat. Don’t forget to stir, because you don’t want it to burn.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let sit for a minute before pouring over your dessert.
5. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.